When I List Your Home, We Will Go Through The Home Together.
Meanwhile, here are some of my tips for you to think about. In doing this, we will be ahead of most of the sellers (our competition) already on the market in the way your home shows…
Inside The House:
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. Keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of "1, 3, or 5 items."
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen counter tops. If it hasn't been used for three months, put it away! Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, pictures, etc. (A sparse kitchen helps the buyer mentally move their own things into your kitchen.)
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from counter tops, tubs, shower stalls and commode tops. Keep only your most needed cosmetics, brushes, perfumes, etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels to one or two colors only.
- Rearrange or remove some of the furniture, if necessary. As owners, many times we have too much furniture in a room. This is wonderful for our own personal enjoyment, but when it comes to selling, we need to thin out as much as possible to make rooms appear larger.
- Take down, or rearrange certain pictures or objects on walls. Patch and paint, if necessary.
- Review the house inside room by room, and:
- Paint any room needing paint.
- Clean carpets or drapes that need it.
- Clean windows
- Make sure the closets and garage are not "too full." Rent a storage unit, if necessary.
- Leave on certain lights during the day. (I'll show you which ones.) During "showings," turn on all lights and lamps.
- Have a stereo FM on during the day for all viewing.
- Key Box -- #1 Importance: "IF WE DON'T HAVE IT, THEY WON'T SHOW US!"
Outside The House:
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, ect., into the garage.
- Check gutters and/or roof for dry rot. Make sure they are swept and cleaned.
- Look at all plants... prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows. "YOU CAN'T SELL A HOUSE IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT." Plants are like children -- they grow so fast!!
- Weed and then bark all planting areas. Keep lawn freshly cut and fertilized. Remove any dead plants or shrubs.
- Clear patios or decks of all small items, such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, etc. (Put them in the garage.)
- Check paint condition of the house -- especially on the front door and trim. "CURB APPEAL REALLY WORKS!!"
Try to look at your house “Through The Buyers Eyes” as though you’ve never seen it or been there before. Any time or money spent on these items will bring you back more money in return, and hopefully a faster sale. “WE ARE MAKING YOU MONEY!”